This post is SUPER exciting because it is actually in collaboration with Read Dog! They are a monthly book subscription box where you get to fill out a form describing what type of books you read! They send you a book they think you will like based on the response.
The contents of my box are…
1. 2 notecards explaining the theme of the box and some of the contents.
2. I also got a little read dog sticker which will be super cute to put in my journal!
3. There were 2 charms included- a puzzle piece and a blue stone. They look really cute and I will probably put them on a necklace chain.
4. A bookmark came with it as well, with the definition of sonder, which is actually the theme.
5. There was also a white grape tea (and directions with how to use it) which I am so so happy about. I absolutely love tea, and this one sounds so good.
6. There is also a little painting included which is beautiful.
7. The last thing besides the book is some puzzle pieces. If you read the card it comes with, it says that sonder is the realization that everyone around us has their own story. The puzzle pieces remind us that we are part of a whole, not the entire story.
As for the book, I received Everything You Want Me To Be by Mindy Mejia.
Here is the Goodreads synopsis:
Hattie Hoffman has spent her whole life playing many parts: the good student, the good daughter, the good girlfriend. But Hattie wants something more, something bigger, and ultimately something that turns out to be exceedingly dangerous. When she’s found brutally stabbed to death, the tragedy rips right through the fabric of her small-town community.
It soon comes to light that Hattie was engaged in a highly compromising and potentially explosive secret online relationship. The question is: Did anyone else know? And to what lengths might they have gone to end it? Hattie’s boyfriend seems distraught over her death, but had he fallen so deeply in love with her that she had become an obsession? Or did Hattie’s impulsive, daredevil nature simply put her in the wrong place at the wrong time, leading her to a violent death at the hands of a stranger?
If you want to purchase your own Read Dog box, click here! Thank you so much to Read Dog for sponsoring this post. I can not wait to read the book 🙂