You were one of the craziest years of my life. So much had happened, both good and bad. I went through a lot. I’ve also grown so much.
So I just want to say thank you.
Thank you for teaching me to give it all I’ve got if I want to accomplish my dreams. Thank you for teaching me to believe in myself and in my work. Thank you for teaching me to slow down, take a deep breath, and take one step at a time. Thank you for bringing the most amazing people into my life. Thank you for giving me so many amazing opportunities. Thank you for showing me the importance of hard work.
Looking back at my journal, I can see that I really focused on myself this year. I wanted a chance to reinvent myself and feel like me again. However, I also lost myself towards the end of the year. I was in a strange and unfamiliar place that I am only starting to come out of now.
This year, I pierced my ear again, read more than ever before, went on a weeklong vacation with my family (over 20 of us), applied to colleges, got my first (and second) job, went camping, started my senior year of high school, got into 9 colleges, and became an adult (!!).
I am finally in a happy place in my life. I want to continue down this road, and make 2018 even more memorable than 2017.
I promise to make you wonderful.
I wanted to write a little post updating you on my life and where I’ve been. My last few posts have been very short, generic, and not very personal.
School has made me extremely busy, especially with this being senior year. It is important for me to keep my grades up for this semester since colleges will see these grades. I have finished all of my college applications, but that took up most of my time in the beginning of October.
I also started a new job at the end of September, about a month from today. That has taken up so much of my time. I used to have my weekends free so I would plan and write out all of my posts. Now I work 8 hour shifts and it is hard to manage writing. When I come home, I am usually exhausted and don’t want to do anything. I am trying to work on my time management now that I have a new responsibility, but adjusting to my work schedule is a bit tricky.
Anyways, my new job has also sparked the creativity inside me a bit. I work at Michaels, so I am constantly surrounded by paint, crafts, and washi tape. I have been using my watercolors a lot this month, so maybe I can share some of my art soon.
I also have a new journal with me coming up in a few blog posts, because I know I haven’t done one in FOREVER.
Overall, I have really felt inspired to create, I just haven’t always found the time to share it. Hopefully I will be able to post more frequently soon, and I will be back on my game!
Thank you all for being so patient.
Change has always been a good thing to me. I have embraced it with open arms every time. I can not even imagine a life where I am stuck with the same routine day after day. I do not want to sit behind a desk and watch my life pass me by. I want a career where I can explore different paths daily and have new adventures. I’m not sure where life will take me just yet, but I hope that it will bring me to change. Because change is the only constant that I want in my life.
I keep telling myself that my life won’t really start until I’m older. When I have a real job, and I’m living on my own. But life is short. And I don’t know how long I’ve got. So what am I waiting for? 17 years of precious time have gone by. It is time to go out and make something of myself. Live a little more. While I still can.
Her eyes lit up when she talked about it. She was so passionate about the art she created, and she couldn’t get her mind off of it. The happiness she felt when a paintbrush was in her hand was enough to make anyone smile.
i stared up at the white, wispy clouds. the sky was a beautiful shade of ocean blue. you sat beside me and took in all my features. all my imperfections. i turned to look back at your emerald eyes and smiled. we were surrounded by the world, yet you still told me i was the most beautiful sight. i never felt as full and happy as i did in that moment. you handed my all your thoughts wrapped in a neat bow while i let out my deepest secrets in an explosion. we were total opposites. but when you said those 3 words, i knew that opposites really do attract.
i fall in love with the idea i create of people, rather than who they truly are. i have too much faith in people and in love. i am definitely a romantic. i try so hard to make relationships work, expecting people to change. i get my hopes up and end up disappointed every. single. time. it also makes it so much harder to get over someone. i only want to believe they are good-hearted, rather than face reality. but i would always choose to be full of hope than completely hopeless. because maybe true love really does exist.
you don’t have to have it all figured out. in fact, you shouldn’t. life is messy. life is unpredictable. things don’t ever go according to plan. just embrace every moment with a positive mind and see where the world takes you. the universe always has a plan.
you finally told me everything i always wanted to hear, but i realized it didn’t matter. i’m not the same person as a year ago. i know who i am and what i want. it just isn’t you anymore. and i’m sorry to myself that it took so long to realize my worth. but i’m okay now. i finally got the closure i needed so desperately and i can move on with my life. it truly is freeing to feel this way. i can finally be happy and be myself again.
This month has been filled with so many new experiences for me. I spent a week at a beach house in North Carolina, which was super relaxing. It also gave me a chance to reflect on the past month. Here are some of my favorite things.
- Gilmore Girls- I decided to finish rewatching this show because I wasn’t in the mood to start something new yet. My love for it was just as strong as the first time, and I am glad I watched it again.
- The Silence of the Lambs- This movie is insane. I can’t believe I haven’t watched it earlier. I highly recommend checking it out!
- Jaws- Another movie I can’t believe I haven’t watched earlier. It made me slightly terrified of the ocean for a few weeks, but I have recovered.
- Zines- I have been reading so many zines this past month. Zines are mini magazines that are DIY’d and can be on any topic you choose! I have both been making them, as well as buying them! My current favorite shop is Quietly Written on Etsy. My favorite zine is the Write It Down one! It was a great read.
- Shatter Me series- I read the first book “Shatter Me” last summer I believe. I kept promising myself that I would finish the series but I didn’t get around to it until now. I just finished the 3rd book and I am so happy I decided to continue it. The second book was my favorite of the three, and I can not wait for the next 3 books to come out.
- Lorde’s Album (Melodrama)- This whole album is absolutely incredible. Lorde’s music is always amazing, and this album is no different. I began listening to it a lot more this month.
- H.E.R. (Every Kind of Way)- I was introduced to H.E.R. by my friends and I fell in love. My favorite song at the moment is Every Kind of Way!
- Madison Beer (Dead)- This song is SO good. I haven’t listened to Madison Beer much before this song, but I will probably be checking out more now!
- Acrylic Paint- Painting has always been a part of my life in the form of watercolors, but I decided to explore other mediums. My obsession has been acrylic paints this month. I have so much more control with the artwork I create.
- Minimalism- I am definitely not considered a minimalist. I am the biggest hoarder ever. I have been reading a lot on the topic, however. I have made an effort to get rid of the unnecessary clutter in my life this month. So far, it’s working!
That’s all that I have for my favorites! I hope you check some of them out :) What have your favorites been?
I received a stunning journal from Tremundo Journals a few days ago, and I absolutely had to talk about it. I chose a mini canvas notebook with a wolf print on the cover. This design really spoke to me because of the sunset and the moon in the background. Two of my favorite things. The quality is amazing. The pages are thin but my watercolor paints did not bleed through, and neither did my Staedtler pens. It is pretty small which is perfect for carrying around with you everywhere you go. Overall, it is just a really nice journal.
If you are thinking about journaling, you should check out Tremundo journals and try this one out! You can get free shipping in the US with the code “JUJ17” until July 31.
I wanted to show you guys what some of the pages I designed look like so far!
There are so many talented people in the world. Thanks to social media, I get to discover these artists, and now I want to share them with you. Here are some amazing pieces of art from some wonderful people. Be sure to check them out. Also, if you want to be featured next, email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your artwork-anything from watercolor paintings, digital art, poetry, writing, etc.
By Jemima Reeve– check out the rest of this poem on Jemima’s blog.
By Julia Jelinek
By Matenia Altikatis
(Also) By Julia Jelinek
Hello loves! I have a tag post today that I was nominated for by Awkwardsaurus! Thank you for the tag angel :) Anyways, the point of the tag is to make a list of things that are unique about you. I think the idea is really cute, so of course I wanted to do it.
1. Thank the person that nominated you for this tag and link to their blog (spread the love, basically).
2. Write as many things that are unique to you as possible: these can be things that you do, say, like or have that make you different to other people or let you stand out. It can be what defines you as a person, a little thing about you that is just simply you or something little known that you think makes you up as a person.
3. Nominate up to 10 bloggers or as many as you like; there isn’t a limit.
4. You can take this tag as seriously or non-seriously as you like; you can laugh whilst doing it or feel contemplative: this is about you, after all.
5. After you’ve written this and if you ever feel like there’s nothing to you but what other people have already said and done, look back to your post and remember that it isn’t true.
Here we go…
- Many people don’t know this about me, but I actually love to write poetry. Let me know in the comments if you would like me to share some of my work.
- I am a super organized person, besides the fact that I have messy handwriting. I’m always writing to-do lists, planning, etc.
- I have hazel eyes, meaning that some days my eyes are brown and other days they are green. My license only says brown though because I didn’t know what the abbreviation for hazel was, and I was too afraid to ask.
- I love love love to run and workout.
- I am super indecisive. I change my mind constantly, but only because I have a variety of interests and want to get to all of them.
- I love interior design and redecorating my room, and I used to do it on a monthly basis.
- I have a strange love for mozzarella sticks. No, seriously. If I see mozzarella sticks on the menu at any restaurant, I will order them.
- I basically have a collection of journals, and I can’t stop myself from buying more.
- I write all over my books. I highlight, write comments, underline, circle, etc. I know most book lovers think it is a sin, but it makes books feel more unique to me ;)
That is all that I can think of right now, but I think it is a pretty good list! I actually won’t be tagging anyone specifically, because I think anyone who wants to do this tag should! Send me your links if you decide to do it yourself.
It’s been two months since my last Journal With Me because I haven’t been doing much journaling recently. I guess I fell into a bit of a funk with inspiration and motivation recently.
I subscribed to the Vogue magazine though, and I have received three since. These gave me a lot of inspiration so I went through them and picked some of my favorites to create a bit of a vision board look for this spread!
The theme I went for in this one was yellow and pink. I overdid the left side a bit with the yellow, so it wasn’t as subtle as I wanted it to be, but I am happy with the overall outcome. Let me know if you have any questions about the steps!
I swear I will try to post more of these whenever I can! I hope you like the final product. Please let me know what you think in the comments :)