I wanted to write a little post updating you on my life and where I’ve been. My last few posts have been very short, generic, and not very personal.
School has made me extremely busy, especially with this being senior year. It is important for me to keep my grades up for this semester since colleges will see these grades. I have finished all of my college applications, but that took up most of my time in the beginning of October.
I also started a new job at the end of September, about a month from today. That has taken up so much of my time. I used to have my weekends free so I would plan and write out all of my posts. Now I work 8 hour shifts and it is hard to manage writing. When I come home, I am usually exhausted and don’t want to do anything. I am trying to work on my time management now that I have a new responsibility, but adjusting to my work schedule is a bit tricky.
Anyways, my new job has also sparked the creativity inside me a bit. I work at Michaels, so I am constantly surrounded by paint, crafts, and washi tape. I have been using my watercolors a lot this month, so maybe I can share some of my art soon.
I also have a new journal with me coming up in a few blog posts, because I know I haven’t done one in FOREVER.
Overall, I have really felt inspired to create, I just haven’t always found the time to share it. Hopefully I will be able to post more frequently soon, and I will be back on my game!
Thank you all for being so patient.
It’s been two weeks since my last blog post, but it was definitely a much needed break. Here’s why-
It’s time for a fresh start. I’ve been posting every 3 days on this blog for the past few months, until I realized my content is boring and not my style. I want to write. My posts have been nothing but generic topics on things that I am not even interested in.
Almost a year back, I wrote a post similar to this one. Basically, I just want to write posts based on topics that I find interesting.
I went through all of my old posts and made a lot of them private (I could not bear to get rid of them completely) in order to regain some control. The focus of my blog is and always will be my thoughts. This will be in the form of poetry, discussions, mood boards, etc. I will continue to post my book reviews, music recommendations, but there will be no more fashion and beauty. That category will be eliminated. I grew, I changed. It is not something I focus as much time on anymore, and not something I want to write about. This does not mean that I no longer love it, I’ve just changed my writing style.
I changed my blog theme in order to have this new beginning, and I edited the categories to more relevant ones.
I will be featuring more pieces that I love from artists I find intriguing, and I will be writing more in-depth posts. I will also only be posting once a week, maybe more if I am in the mood. There will be no schedule, however; I don’t want the posts I write to feel forced.
I hope this change is a positive one, and that you will stick around.
Lots of love,
This year, one of my biggest goals is being happier. The past few years of my life have consisted of me complaining and feeling down, so this is one attempt to change that. I think listing the things that make you happy and you are grateful for shows us how much the world has to offer.
- Sunsets- I can stare at them for hours
- The Ocean- I love the forceful waves and the constant change
- Puppies- who doesn’t love them?
- Books- I can see/travel the world from my room
- Sunflowers- I think they are so pretty and they’re yellow (my favorite color)
- Poetry- Very raw and relatable; puts life into words
- Thunderstorms- something about them makes me really, really happy
- Stars- I love to stare up at the sky at night and see them twinkling above
- Driving- having my license has been a huge benefit
- Long Walks- My absolute favorite way to spend time
- Music- I wouldn’t be able to live without it
- Blogging- It changed my life
- Autumn- My favorite season ever
- Twitter- I learned a lot from the people on there
- Track and Field- I love being on the team and running for fun
- Mozzarella sticks- I have a huge obsession
- Candles- Make me feel so cozy
- Blankets- On cold nights, I love to be wrapped up in one
- Baths- Key to a relaxing night
- Family and Friends- My biggest supporters and the reason I am alive
What are some things that make you happy? Comment down below :)