This month has been filled with so many new experiences for me. I spent a week at a beach house in North Carolina, which was super relaxing. It also gave me a chance to reflect on the past month. Here are some of my favorite things.
- Gilmore Girls- I decided to finish rewatching this show because I wasn’t in the mood to start something new yet. My love for it was just as strong as the first time, and I am glad I watched it again.
- The Silence of the Lambs- This movie is insane. I can’t believe I haven’t watched it earlier. I highly recommend checking it out!
- Jaws- Another movie I can’t believe I haven’t watched earlier. It made me slightly terrified of the ocean for a few weeks, but I have recovered.
- Zines- I have been reading so many zines this past month. Zines are mini magazines that are DIY’d and can be on any topic you choose! I have both been making them, as well as buying them! My current favorite shop is Quietly Written on Etsy. My favorite zine is the Write It Down one! It was a great read.
- Shatter Me series- I read the first book “Shatter Me” last summer I believe. I kept promising myself that I would finish the series but I didn’t get around to it until now. I just finished the 3rd book and I am so happy I decided to continue it. The second book was my favorite of the three, and I can not wait for the next 3 books to come out.
- Lorde’s Album (Melodrama)- This whole album is absolutely incredible. Lorde’s music is always amazing, and this album is no different. I began listening to it a lot more this month.
- H.E.R. (Every Kind of Way)- I was introduced to H.E.R. by my friends and I fell in love. My favorite song at the moment is Every Kind of Way!
- Madison Beer (Dead)- This song is SO good. I haven’t listened to Madison Beer much before this song, but I will probably be checking out more now!
- Acrylic Paint- Painting has always been a part of my life in the form of watercolors, but I decided to explore other mediums. My obsession has been acrylic paints this month. I have so much more control with the artwork I create.
- Minimalism- I am definitely not considered a minimalist. I am the biggest hoarder ever. I have been reading a lot on the topic, however. I have made an effort to get rid of the unnecessary clutter in my life this month. So far, it’s working!
That’s all that I have for my favorites! I hope you check some of them out :) What have your favorites been?
A couple of weeks ago, I watched a Youtube video about the Law of Attraction. I was super intrigued by it almost immediately. Since then, I’ve been doing a lot of research on the topic, and I thought I would give a bit of an explanation on it here in case you haven’t heard of it!
The law of attraction is a belief that the universe does things for you based on your thoughts. It says that everyone has the ability to “attract” the things they want into their lives. This can range from relationships, finance, and your career.
At first, I was super skeptical of this idea, but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. It basically goes along with the idea that a positive mindset will bring positive things into your life. Obviously, this is just a theory, and there is no definite proof that it will work for you. However, there are tons of success stories online of people who decided to try it out for themselves.
The same goes for negative energy, though. If your thoughts are very negative, the experiences you have will show that.
Basically, your mindset is super important when it comes to your own well being. I haven’t tried out this idea for myself just yet, but I really want to see if it is beneficial. You will not achieve any of your goals if you don’t think about them and ways to accomplish them. The more you think about something, the more likely you are to do something to get there. If you visualize what you want, it will come.
Have you heard about this theory? If so, have you tried it out?
We all have our own bad habits. Mine, for example, is biting my nails. I always try so hard to stop. Today, I wanted to share 5 bad habits that you might do, and why/how to stop it. I am definitely guilty of most of these, but I think they would help us all become better people if we learned to stop them!
- Snacking on junk food when bored: I know we all do this. You’re watching Netflix or doing your homework, and before you know it, you are three bags of chips and two cookies deep. The constant junk food snacking is really bad for you. You lose sight of the body’s natural reaction to hunger, and eventually this overeating can lead to chronic diseases. Remind yourself that you are not hungry, and wait until you can hear your stomach grumbling before you pick up a quick snack. Or, just switch to healthier foods, like fruits and veggies.
- Not accepting compliments: Ok, you might be a little confused by this, but hear me out. Do you ever have conversations that go like this:
Person: Wow, your makeup looks so good!
You: No it doesn’t. I really don’t like it.
Person: I love your shirt!
You: Oh, I just got it at Marshall’s, it was really cheap.
Why don’t we ever just say thank you? I, personally, feel super awkward when someone gives me a compliment, because it makes me feel like I’m in the spotlight. However, I think we all deserve to be in that spotlight sometimes, and should allow ourselves to feel good about the compliment. Just say ”thank you”- its okay!
- Skipping breakfast: I know you’ve heard it before- breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But this really is true! It is easy to just make a quick breakfast of cereal, toast, oatmeal, eggs, etc. in the morning, so don’t skip it. It will help your metabolism get a quick start in the mornings, and it can make you feel more awake. People who eat breakfast in the morning generally perform better at school or work. Just give it a try.
- Going on phone right before going to sleep: This one is really important. Going on your phone before bed can affect your sleep. It makes it so much harder for your brain to shut off, because the light makes it think it should be awake. Eventually, this long term sleep delay can mess with your bodies systems. Instead, try reading a book before bed, meditating, or doing some yoga. It really will improve your sleep.
- Constant negativity/anger: It’s okay to be upset sometimes, but it should not take over your life. Allow yourself to let go of all the pent up angry emotions you are feeling. It will help lead to a happier and more positive life. According to some studies done, reducing the anger-induced stress from your life can improve your immune system, lower blood sugar, and even ease chronic pain. Before you get upset over something, think about how much it will affect you in a few weeks. If it won’t be important, don’t get angry.
Are you guilty of any of these? Which ones?